Just thought of sharing these pieces of advice to everyone. Got this one from my email.Â 🙂
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.
Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches 😉
3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Never let the brain get idle.
“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.”
And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and Lots of time with HIM/HER.
6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants and hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.